- Come into Cabways at 71 Murphy St Richmond to book into our next available course.
- To be eligible to enrol you will need to fill the application form and present a full Victorian Drivers Licence held for at least 6 months.
- Applicants will also have to successfully complete a Literacy and numeracy Assessment.
- Upon successful enrolment, the student will be given the required Knowledge of Melbourne Study materials.
- You then complete the required taxi Units of CERTIFICATE TWO IN DRIVING OPERATIONS.
- Upon successful completion of the course you then attend personally at the Taxi Services Commission and submit:
(a) A statement of Attainment stipulating the Certificate Two course has been completed.
(b) A Certificate attesting a successful pass on the Knowledge of Melbourne test
(c) A NATIONAL POLICE CERTIFICATE that stipulates Taxi Services Commission accreditation as the required purpose
(d) Proof of Identity with two passport size photos
(e) A completed Taxi Services Commission Application ( this includes a Medical Assessment )
(f) An English Language Competency Certificate for persons of Culturally and linguistically diverse Background
(g) Evidence of entitlement to work in Australia for Non citizens / non permanent Residents
At this time you will also have a photo taken for your driver identification Card
The Taxi Services Commission will then process your application and after about 2 weeks the Taxi Services Commission will send you:
(a) A driver Accreditation Certificate (DAC)
(b) A driver identity card
(c) A driver smart card to enable access to the EFTPOS payment system in cabs
You can then return to us and we will arrange a set of shifts to suit you in one of our fleet of 135 cabs affiliated with both Silvertops and 13cabs